- We participate in the composition and implementation of an investment trust supporting over 30 housing developers to construct 8,000 houses through mezzanine capital schemes.
- We participate in the composition, establishing, and operation of six investment trusts and their relevant operating companies for constructing 8 tourist housing and luxury hotel real-estate developments, with a value of approximately 220 million dollars; we participate in such trust as local developer co-investors and venture capital fund specialized on tourist projects.
- We design, compose, and implement a corporate trust that acquired, developed, and sold a portfolio of approximately 25 thousand medium and low-income housing distributed on average in 17 states of Mexico; in addition, an English venture capital fund and a Mexican developer —as operation partner— participate in such trust as well.
- We participate in the negotiations for obtaining 20 bridge loans for constructing the abovementioned houses for a total amount of 350 million pesos.
- We design, compose, and deploy different corporate trusts for the acquisition of new and used housing built by the five principal developers in the country, composing a portfolio of approximately 14 thousand houses distributed among 25 cities in Mexico.
- We design, compose, and negotiate a credit line for 800 million pesos to acquire and renew the houses that are part of the trust mentioned above.
- We counsel and represent institutional investment funds on the execution of accession and co-investment agreements for investments of 60 million dollars on real-estate investment trusts to construct three mix-use projects in the north of Mexico City and in the city of Monterrey, Nuevo León.
- We design and compose an investment instrument to trade and/or lease commercial areas located in different social and low-income housing developments, which have in their portfolio a profitable area of approximately 150 thousand square meters distributed in 22 estate developments.
- We participate and develop legal opinions to acquire a portfolio of realtors and, at least, of real estate companies with more than 120 properties that a credit institution acquired due to the financial restructuring.
- We advise a set of creditors when closing the debt restructuring of a developer, which resulted in a capital injection of 220 million pesos for the developer, and the restructured debt was ensured by actions of the developer and warranty trusts of properties located in the 3 cities with most growth on the country.
- We design, compose, and deploy an investment trust that made a private placement of its trust certificates to acquire, develop, and lease 600 agricultural hectares.
The law firm Bello, Gallardo, Bonequi y García, S.C. (“BGBG”) provides services on real estate matters, analyzing, designing, composing, and deploying solutions on all the real estate sector value chain by identifying the LEGAL VALUE TO BE PROTECTED under the business model of each of our clients by anticipating, resolving, and, mitigating (if applicable) the risks and problems that may occur on real estate transactions.
BGBG has an extensive and recognized real estate practice.
Our experience of more than 17 years in the real estate sector allows us to advise our clients in all the legal and regulatory aspects of all kind of real estate operations, mainly in the housing and commercial sector, including:
- Legal documents structuring for the purchase and sale of property or real estate companies.
- Legal documents structuring for leasing or sell and lease back.
- Legal creation and operation of the real estate investment instruments and structures.
- Due Diligence for the purchase of property or real estate companies or real estate investment trusts.
- Register management in the main cities of the country.
- Development, negotiation, and monitoring of the construction agreements.
- Development, negotiation, and monitoring of operation and/or real estate management agreements.
- Design, structuring, and deployment of credits and financing for property developers.
- Financing restructure.
- Design, composing, and deployment of real estate trust certificates for their private colocation, backed up with income flows of different properties.
- Mezzanine financing instrumentation.