August 18, 2020 / Banking and Finance
The main purpose of the National Commission for the Protection and Defense of Users of Financial Services (hereinafter, “CONDUSEF“), pursuant to the Law for the Protection and Defense of Users of Financial Services, Article 1 (hereinafter, the “Law“) is to protect and defend the rights and interests of the public using the financial services provided by public and private institutions.
Pursuant to the Law, Article 5, CONDUSEF is entitled to provide “…the establishment of educational programs and of any other nature in financial culture matters, for which it will make and present such programs before the competent authorities. The Financial Institutions, by their representative bodies or by themselves, will cooperate with the National Commission in making the educational programs referred to in the paragraph above”.
Due to the foregoing, the purpose of this document is to inform on the characteristics of the Financial Education Program in your Institution (hereinafter, the “Program“) implemented by CONDUSEF for companies and public and private institutions with more than 50 colleagues, and which are interested in sharing useful information in personal finance matters so that their colleagues acquire knowledge and habits allowing them to make better financial decisions.
A. Contribution process
The Program consists of the companies seeking to contribute voluntarily to CONDUSEF considering the following:
- Registering in CONDUSEF portal https://webappsos.condusef.gob.mx/sefi/servlet/com.sefi.wpinicio and answer an initial questionnaire. The contact with CONDUSEF for any question, comment, or clarification regarding the program is through the email:email@example.com.
- Each month, CONDUSEF will make several infographics available to you through its email and will send a link to download videos and notes with interesting topics regarding:
(vi) Retirement savings fund
- The broadcasting media the company may use to disclose the material given to their colleagues may be:
(ii) Social media
(iii) Corporate intranet
(vi) Web page
(viii) Magazines or Gazettes
It is important to mention that CONDUSEF does not demand the use of all broadcasting media, it will be sufficient that the disclosing is made through a broadcasting media usually used by the company.
- Once the company has spread the educational material, it must upload the evidence of the broadcast to CONDUSEF portal.
B. Characteristics and advantages.
- Costs. No program belonging to CONDUSEF has any cost; therefore, this does not represent any cost for the company since the material broadcast is made through the broadcasting media they have.
- Educational Material. The Program represents a strategy 100% educational for the colleagues of the company.
- Duration. The Program duration is undefined; therefore, it is not necessary to go through any renovation process for the program before CONDUSEF. In case that the company does not want to be part of the program anymore, it must send an email stating the foregoing.
It is important to mention that, if the company does not upload the monthly evidence to the indicated portal, it will cause the automatic withdrawal of the Program without any kind of penalty by CONDUSEF.
- Use Policies. The company must always respect the following information use policies:
- To acknowledge that all the information belongs to CONDUSEF.
- The information may not be used for profit or financial product or service promotion.
- To respect the usage, size, and location of the CONDUSEF logotypes contained in the information sent.
In addition, after 3 (three) months from the registration, the company must request CONDUSEF —through an email— to provide personal finance conferences or the workshop called “Formador de formadores en educación financiera” (Training instructors in financial education).
It is important to mention that CONDUSEF does not grant any award to the company registering in this program.