March30, 2020 / COVID-19 / Personal Data Protection
Communication INAI/103/20 issued on March 30, 2020, by the National Institute of Transparency, Access to Information, and Protection of Personal Data (INAI).
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines infodemic as a harmful epidemic of rumors, false news, and misinformation generated in emergency situations, such as the one that has led to the contagion of COVID-19.
The INAI makes available a telephone line to answer any questions by calling 800 835 4324 and issues the following recommendations to avoid misinformation and uncertainty among the population:
- Before disseminating, publishing, or sharing any information related to COVID-19.
- Consult official information sources.
- Remain alert on the information provided by the Government.
- Make sure that the shared information comes from reliable sources.
- Do not share text chains or audios from people or instances you do not know.
Consult the information available on the portals of federal public institutions.