TOP TIER FIRM
TMT in Mexico
TIER 1 FIRMS
For some clients, Bello, Gallardo, Bonequi y García, S.C. is ‘hands down the most recommendable law firm in Mexico for TMT’. The twelve-strong team of experts offers a ‘deep knowledge of the industry and extensive experience with all new ventures in the telecommunications sector, as well as in the treatment of regulatory obligations’.
Founding partner Carlos Bello, ‘one of the most recognized experts in the country’.
Hector Guzman co-head the team which recently advised Tele Facil on regulatory and litigation matters as part of a $500m international arbitration related to interconnection matters, and is currently assisting Airbus with all the legal and regulatory matters required to operate the first Public Safety Mobile Virtual Network Operator (S-MVNO) in Mexico.
Specialised senior associate Carlos J Diaz Sobrino focuses on telecoms, media, technology, data protection, corporate law and M&A.
2019-arrival, head of the IP practice Jonathan Rangel, is also active in the practice.
Carlos A. Bello and Héctor Guzmán
‘Without a doubt, it is a team of experts in the field, always ready to provide the best possible services, attending at all times to the business needs of the company. Carlos Bello: expertise, attitude, willingness, openness and understanding of the needs of the company.‘
‘-Deep knowledge of the industry and extensive experience with all new ventures in the telecommunications sector. -Extensive experience in the treatment of regulatory obligations.-The TMT practice is complemented by other practices such as data protection, this within the same office, which makes for comprehensive services.-Strong negotiation skills.‘
‘Carlos Bello is highly recognized and highly regarded in the telecommunications industry. His ability to easily transmit information is of great help. He has a deep understanding of regulatory obligations in the sector.’
Key clients in TMT
- Mercado Libre
- International Telecommunications Union
- Tele Facil
- Legal advice to Tele Facil on regulatory and litigation matters as part of an international arbitration related to interconnection issues, as well as representation in said arbitration; value, $500m.
- Advising Airbus on all the legal and regulatory requirements for the operation of the first Public Safety Mobile Virtual Network Operator (S-MVNO) in Mexico.
- Ongoing advice to CenturyLink on all regulatory and corporate matters related to the company’s operation in Mexico; including licensing transitions and operational matters, from compliance to contract negotiations.
- Advised HNS de Mexico (Echostar / Hughes) on its successful $7.5m public bid for the 2000-2020/2180-2200 MHz frequency band, for the provision of complementary terrestrial service for its mobile satellite service.
- Advised EchoStar Corporation on the launch of Hughes Express Wi-Fi by Facebook Service and HughesNet Services, handling all regulatory, contractual, administrative and privacy matters.