June 19, 2020 / COVID-19 / Privacy and Personal Data Protection
In order to disseminate the actions taken in Ibero-America to ensure that people exercise their rights of access to information and protection of personal data during the pandemic, the INAI made available to society the microsite “Acciones en Iberoamérica: Transparencia y Datos Personales COVID-19“ (Actions in Ibero-America: Transparency and Personal Data COVID-19), where people can consult the strategies, policies, and preventive measures implemented by the guarantor bodies of access to information and protection of personal data in the Ibero-American region.
The regional authorities and the society, in general, can consult useful public information related to the health emergency due to COVID-19 in the following sections:
- International Official Information that contains official communications issued by the main international forums and organizations; official statistics from WHO, PAHO, and the European Union; action plans or protocols; as well as the budget allocated for COVID-19 care in the region.
- International Cooperation that presents the coordination, communication, and participation actions that the Ibero-American States have carried out during the health emergency, as well as the works of the Transparency and Information Access Network (RTA) and the Ibero-American Data Protection Network (RIPD).
- Actions in transparency and information access matters where people may know the legislative adjustments, policies, or preventive measures implemented by the guarantor bodies of access to information in the Ibero-American region.
- Actions in personal data matters in which people may know the measures implemented by authorities and governments of the region in order to protect personal data during the health emergency; statistics on the exercise of this right; the main challenges to be faced; and the work of the Ibero-American Data Protection Network.
- Sites of interest that contain links to portals of international institutions and governments of different countries of the region which have reliable information sources regarding the pandemic.
The microsite presents an Ibero-American region outlook regarding the regulations, institutions, or authorities of each country in access to information and personal data protection matters.
You may consult the Official INAI communication (192/20) on this link: